Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Lecturer in Media Production, Employability and Critical theory.
Freelance Digital Designer/Producer and Doctoral Candidate in Media and Communications.
Research interests cover a range of topics related to digital media and visual culture.
Nottingham Trent University
Since August 2016
- Lead modules, lectures, seminars and workshops in Media Production, Employability and contemporary media theory and critical studies.
- Acting Module Leader for undergraduate level six module, 'Media Practice in the Workplace'.
- Dissertation Supervisor for BA and BAM dissertaions.
- Academic Advisor for Personal Tutor Group. Provide academic and pastoral support to students through their academic journey at NTU.
- Areas of Interest: Media studies; Visual Culture, Digital media cultures; theories of posthumanism, identity, race, gender performativity, cultural capital, aesthetics and class, play and subversion. Experimental narratives; and the relationship between humans and technology, surveillance, and the use of media as a tool of empowerment against censorship and political repression.
De Montfort University
Since August 2018
- Module Leader for Foundation Media, Image Analysis and Production and Web Content and Management.
- A new course, I designed the syllabus for two modules.
University of Sheffield
to September 2019
- External supervision of MA Dissertation students
- Supervision of both Practice-based and Traditional.
Since January 2002
- Operate a freelance business that provides photography, digital imagery, web design, web usability, web content, video production and technology for live event support.
- IASTE Journeyman. Founded and run in Los Angeles for 8 years.
- Creative images and video work has been exhibited and broadcast internationally.
- Commissioned to provide boutique event photography, commercial motion graphics, digital video, event blogs and websites.
- In-depth knowledge of new & emerging modes of photographic production, graphic file types, file sizes, preparing files for all levels of resolution and postproduction distribution and consumption.
- Experienced in coordinating complex shooting logistics for large corporate and lifestyle events.
- Adept at putting novice subjects at ease.
- Some of my photographic art prints and video art animations have been exhibited, broadcast and screened internationally in museums and galleries in both the USA and UK.
University of Hull/ Walk Free
to July 2014
- Perform advanced web searches for instances of modern slavery for Walk Free Project on Global Slavery Index.
University of Hull, School of Art and New Media
to July 2013
- Mentor students to produce digital art and video productions within a range of social and artistic contexts that were critically and analytically rigorous.
- Submit attendance reports, liaises with course lecturer to access students skills and ensure all necessary equipment is functioning properly and provide access to production studios.
to May 2001
- Managed and represented the creative department in discussions of front-end design and structure. Oversaw 4 employees.
- Developed taxonomy and usability design for e-commerce shopping site StoreRunner.com, it's partner sites and micro-sites.
- Researched and initiated usability tests for StoreRunner.com, it's partner sites and micro-sites.
- Development of photography, graphics and animated flash corporate website.
- Insured optimised fast loading graphics.
Washington University, School of Art
to March 2000
- Oversaw direction of technology, purchases and improvements, as well as scheduling and training of technical staff of multi-campus digital media facility devoted to creative pursuits. Provided instruction for students, faculty and staff in computer and digital media laboratories devoted exclusively to digital art making and creative endeavours for the Sam Fox School of Art and interdisciplinary collaborations within University and community.
Washington University School of Medicine
to August 1994
- Provided Medical illustration, Clinical photography, Photography and Digital Graphic design/illustration for the Physicians and Scientists of Washington University School of Medicine. Worked on representations for PCR and the Human Genome project.
International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees, Local 514
to December 1990
- Represented by local 154, I was contracted by various local and statewide companies and organisations to provide live video character generation, video and photographic camerawork as well as early digital graphics.